Tammy Johnson, City Clerk
The City Clerk's Office is committed to serving the public by striving for excellence in preparation of minutes of meetings, providing complete and accurate information while preserving the records of the City, and maintaining a professional level of service in all phases of operation.
In addition, the City Clerk's Office retains all permanent copies of documents including City Charter, City Ordinances, City Resolutions, and Minutes of all City Meetings are maintained and stored on site in the administrative offices.
The City Clerk is a Charter Officer appointed by, and reports to, the City Commission.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk/Treasurer:
- Supervises operation of the City Clerk's office.
- Is the official custodian of the Seal of the City.
- Is the official custodian of all public records.
- Is responsible for all records management to ensure the proper retention, retrieval and destruction of records according to State legal requirements.
- Provides administrative support to the Mayor and City Commission.
- Attends City Commission meetings.
- Coordinates placement of legal advertisements, public notices and mailings of legal notifications.
- Coordinates Municipal election process with the Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections.
- Prepares and monitors departmental and City Commission budgets.
- Coordinates public record requests and conducts research in response to them.
- Coordinates update of the Code of Ordinances.
- Assists and prepares resolutions, ordinances, and proclamation as needed.
- Interacts with various groups and individuals, including City Department Directors, City Employees, news media, City Attorney, City Commission, Boards & Committees, governmental agencies, and the general public.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Commission and others.